Wednesday, August 03, 2011

LEARNING AND UNLEARNING


I’ve learned that its ok to eat alone, but the food doesn’t taste as good as it does when I have company.

I've learned that reading romance novels kills boredom, but I must not engage myself in a melodramatic experience assuming that I can be the heroine in my story. villain maybe? na-ah.

I've learned that it’s ok to feel safe in my world, but I have to be prepared for the unknown.

I’ve learned that music can heal, but it can also worsen the pain.

I've learned that six or seven hours of bus ride can make me agitated, but my level of agitation depends on who is waiting for me at the bus stop.

I’ve learned that a bored person like me can surf the net for the whole three hours, but it will not change a thing; I will still be bored after that.

I’ve learned that people can hate me, but oftentimes, it’s best not to mind them. Whose lungs may burst due to anger anyway? Definitely not mine.

I’ve learned that mirrors can show two faces, but beauty or horribleness depends on the side of the mirror that I choose to see.

I’ve learned that a girl can say the nastiest things when she’s in love and when she’s hurt, but how it affects me depend on how I want her to even be nastier.

I’ve learned that I can forgive, but the memories will always remain. echoing. haunting. piercing.

I’ve learned that it’s all right to put my phone beside me when i sleep, but I will no longer keep my windows open. it may be stolen again.

I’ve learned that it’s ok to check my phone when I wake up, but i must not get disappointed when nobody bothered to give me a ring last night.

I’ve learned that it’s ok to walk alone, but my hands feel cold and empty. I still hope that someone’s holding it.

I’ve learned that it’s ok to give everything, but I must not expect that everybody can see that it’s already everything.

I’ve learned that life always give me enough choices, but due to mere stupidity, i always choose the risky ones. I jump. I fall. I break.

I’ve learned that months, years or even decades cannot guarantee that the person i’m with will still be the same person i will be with when my eyes are closed, but I am always hoping and praying for that.

I’ve learned that numbness sometimes measures the pain, but it’s still best to shed tears and get over it.

I’ve learned that leaving someone can be the easiest or the hardest thing to do, but I always have to ask myself if it will make me happier in the end.

I've learned that rings are not lifetime guarantees, but i can always hold on to them for assurance. If they can serve as guarantees, then thanks a lot. If they don’t, i can always buy myself one at the nearest jewelry store.

I’ve learned that one can give me the warmest hugs, but i always prepare my pillows. just in case nobody’s there.

But at the end of the day, I sometimes learn that it’s as if i did not learn anything at all.

November 7th, 2007 at 11:07 pm


No comments: